Tuesday 16 February 2010

London for sale

Not the city, but my latest tome, "London!" is now for sale. Yippee!
It's the most fact-filled of my books so far. More facts than anyone but the biggest fact fetishist could wish for. There are chapters on the major London brewers: Barclay Perkins, Whitbread, Truman, Fuller's, Charrington and Watney. As an extra-special treat, an appendix lists the vital statistics of several hundred London-brewed beers.

Much attention is paid to the classic beer styles of London: Porter, Stout, X Ale, Burton, watery IPA.Never before has so much and so detailed information about London beer been assembled in a single volume. And if that isn't enough for you, the back cover has a picture of Jeff behind the bar of the Gunmakers.

Listen to what the critics have to say:

"The best book about London beer ever. Is that what you wanted me to say dad?" Andrew of Amsterdam.

"Brilliant! Can I have the chocolate you promised me now?" Alexei of North Holland.

Buy "London!" now. You won't regret it.

3 comments:

mrbowenz said...

I'll buy it solely on the critics recommendations ,..... and you can quote me on that :0

The Beer Nut said...

For the front you couldn't have sourced a contemporary engraving of pearly kings drowning in an all-consuming tide of porter?

And, at XI, is this the end of the minibooks series?

Ron Pattinson said...

Beer Nut, when you're dependent on copyright-free images, you can't be too choosy.

Yes, this is the final volume of the Mini Book Series. I'll be starting my Mega Book Series soon. As soon as I've decided what it's going to be. Some titles which may (or may not) appear this year: "War and Peace", "Samuel!", "Germany!", "War II!"